All new practice members are requested to fill out the new practice member health application form as completely as possible. Make sure you bring a valid ID with any medical insurance cards you would like us to do a complimentary benefits check with.
When you arrive at our office a one-on-one consultation will be conducted to discuss your health issues and goals, uncover the layers of past damage/trauma and to help determine the cause of your health issues.
The Specific Scientific Neurological Assessment – A comprehensive chiropractic evaluation and neurological diagnostic testing will be performed to further determine the exact cause of your health problems, using our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to locate the root cause of any dysfunction or disease within your body.
You may be asked to:
- Bend forward, sideways, or backward – Misaligned spinal vertebrae can be revealed during this exercise.
- Perform specific orthopedic tests – Determine the exact components involved in your health problems.
- Grip Test – Your grip strength is vital for showing signs of muscular or nerve damage.
- Gait Analysis – Evaluating your gait helps to determine if you have a normal walking pattern. Abnormalities in the balance and alignment of your pelvis and spine can be seen during this assessment.
- Postural Evaluation – Posture abnormalities will reveal whether or not you have misalignment within the spinal column.
These exercises will provide vital information regarding your motor skills, balance, and gait, leading the doctor to a better understanding of your current state of health. These tests also help determine your range of motion, muscle tone and strength, and overall integrity of your nervous system.
Next, a short physical assessment will be performed utilizing both motion and static palpation to explore the alignment of your spine and other structures, as well as provide information on any stimuli that may cause pain or discomfort.
The doctor will advise you if any additional assessments are needed, including on-site Chiropractic Postural X-Rays.
A “Report of Findings” will be conducted at which time the cause of your current condition will be discussed. After reviewing your case, the doctor will decide if you are a candidate for chiropractic care and a thorough explanation of care recommendations and action steps will be discussed.
Initiate care and start on your path to achieving your God-given health potential!